1. 23 Feb, 2019 6 commits
  2. 19 Jan, 2019 2 commits
  3. 18 Jan, 2019 5 commits
  4. 17 Jan, 2019 1 commit
    • Charles Ferguson's avatar
      Fix for pylint exception. · 669ae8db
      Charles Ferguson authored
      Reorganising the pylint code appears to have broken it - the result in
      the TestCase was not being passed appropriately.
      669ae8db
  5. 01 Jan, 2019 3 commits
  6. 28 Dec, 2018 8 commits
    • Charles Ferguson's avatar
      Add ability to report the languages in use. · dd9d6cd3
      Charles Ferguson authored
      It is possible to detect the languages relatively easily. This can be
      used either as a diagnostic, or - as I intend - to allow the CI scripts
      to be set up appropriately for the languages that are present.
      dd9d6cd3
    • Charles Ferguson's avatar
      Fix for poor comment describing junitxml usage. · 6fd0bd64
      Charles Ferguson authored
      The extra parameters on the junitxml_result command are now documented.
      6fd0bd64
    • Charles Ferguson's avatar
      Update pylint-to-junitxml to include a timestamp and classname. · 856b9634
      Charles Ferguson authored
      Timestamp on the TestSuite is apparently required, and the classname
      on the TestCase, is also required in some cases. In the latter case,
      we just force the classname to be 'lint'.
      856b9634
    • Charles Ferguson's avatar
      Fix perl-lint not reporting messages properly. · c8063a0a
      Charles Ferguson authored
      The error message would have been reported as the literal string
      '$message'. Oops.
      c8063a0a
    • Charles Ferguson's avatar
      Better 'conformance' in the junit-xml tool. · 788c8613
      Charles Ferguson authored
      Although the JUnit XML format is not really that well defined, there
      are a few things that seem to be required to make files get processed.
      This isn't always in line with the schemas that are out there, but
      we have to work with what actually works.
      
      Firstly, the `id` on the testsuite element is set incrementing from
      the start, regardless of the original values. This should ensure that
      anyone relying on it gets a sane answer if they look up based on those
      numbers.
      
      Secondly, where times are present, they are propagated to the top
      of the testsuite (as `time` is also a required attribute on some
      schemas). This only happens if we can be sure that the times
      are given on all the testcases.
      
      Finally, we leave an annotation about the classname being required,
      or possibly not, in some cases. We don't force a value as yet, but
      that might have to happen in the future.
      788c8613
    • Charles Ferguson's avatar
      Rework xml-lint to report individual testcases for each error. · e557e65e
      Charles Ferguson authored
      In order to get a useful number of errors reported for the linting,
      we now give a separate testcase for each of the errors that is reported,
      or just a dummy test case where no errors are found.
      e557e65e
    • Charles Ferguson's avatar
      Force a classname to be written in common.junitxml. · 9e1ff2b7
      Charles Ferguson authored
      In order to ensure that we always write out a class name, which is
      required by some versions of the JUnit schema, we write out the
      classname as 'test' if it has not been set. It's not perfect, but
      it helps deal with some systems that require it to be present.
      9e1ff2b7
    • Charles Ferguson's avatar
      Add XML lint JUnit output support. · 86ba9b63
      Charles Ferguson authored
      The CI tests can now include JUnit XML output to describe the problems
      encountered by the linting process. This is just based on the YAML
      processor, so it's not particularly complex.
      86ba9b63
  7. 02 Oct, 2018 1 commit
  8. 14 Jul, 2018 1 commit
    • Charles Ferguson's avatar
      Add checks for existing virtualenvs being functional. · 3ab969fd
      Charles Ferguson authored
      The virtualenv might be broken - for example if the version of
      python had been upgraded by brew underneath you. Detecting such a
      case and recovering without the user needing to perform surgery
      is very useful for the developer, as they just want the environment
      to work. That is, I want the system to do what is necessary to make
      the command I ran happen.
      
      We now check if the environment is working and if not, remove the
      whole thing.
      3ab969fd
  9. 07 Jul, 2018 3 commits
  10. 28 May, 2018 1 commit
  11. 08 May, 2018 1 commit
  12. 03 May, 2018 2 commits
  13. 02 Apr, 2018 1 commit
  14. 31 Mar, 2018 1 commit
  15. 30 Mar, 2018 1 commit
    • Charles Ferguson's avatar
      Rework ci-vars to give better version numbers. · ffa693be
      Charles Ferguson authored
      Version numbers for the branch version are now better managed,
      resolving to a more sensible set of values when multiple gitflow-like
      branches are in use. This should mean that branch testing and the
      like will be much more obvious in the future.
      ffa693be
  16. 25 Mar, 2018 1 commit
  17. 03 Feb, 2018 1 commit
  18. 02 Feb, 2018 1 commit
    • Charles Ferguson's avatar
      Rename the language files. Add XML linting. Ignore artifacts and log dirs. · 31995d47
      Charles Ferguson authored
      The language files were called 'lang.<name>', which meant that we
      had files that thought they were yaml formatted in the editor. Changing
      the language files to be 'lang-<name>.sh' means that they're formatted
      properly.
      
      XML linting is now able to be performed with the xmllint tool. This isn't
      isolated, so it isn't guaranteed to work, but it's good enough for now.
      
      We also ignore the artifacts directory and the logging directory so that
      we can be sure that the outputs of the CI don't interfere with the CI
      itself.
      31995d47